Differences in Exped sold in Canada vs US

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craig72

Reaction score
Hey gang. I'm looking into a used 2015 Exped. It started its life up in Canada, then came to the US about a year and a half later. I'm curious if there are any differences in models produced for the Canadian market vs what is sold here. Any ideas? Thanks!

Plati

Reaction score
DRL's are standard in Canada I believe

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our 15 was a Canadian Max. One difference in the 15-17 is they called the long ones Max vs EL, like they call all of them in the 4th Gen.

Our 15 had an LS Rear, actually checked the Axle code. In the US they did not for my particular model/Trim. Big argument on here about it, and I was called a liar. So, there is that.

DRL's don't have the option to be turned off in the Menu without a FORSCAN change.

Not sure I realized any other difference. We had a 17 that replaced the 15 after it was totaled.

OP
OP
craig72

craig72

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The one I'm looking at is a Platinum (standard length). LS-> Limited slip? What benefit if any for that? Not too concerned with the DRL option.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The one I'm looking at is a Platinum (standard length). LS-> Limited slip? What benefit if any for that? Not too concerned with the DRL option.

Yes, Limited Slip. Better traction under slippery conditions.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
DRLs have been mandatory in the Great White North for decades. Not sure how it's implemented in the Expeditions up there. My Expedition's LED fog lights are set to DRLs here. My other cars use the high beams at reduced voltage as DRLs.

-- Chuck

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DRLs have been mandatory in the Great White North for decades. Not sure how it's implemented in the Expeditions up there. My Expedition's LED fog lights are set to DRLs here. My other cars use the high beams at reduced voltage as DRLs.

-- Chuck

It ran Low beams at lower voltage stock.

I used FORSCAN to set them to Fogs like yours.

turtle019

Reaction score
My 17 has a wheel design that was not sold in the States. I have 20" wheels and standard suspension while 17 Platinums here would have had 22" and CCD standard.
It also came with an engine block heater.
Just like Loki, my EL is badged as a Max.
I think when they swapped my speedometer from KPH to MPH they just changed the dial and not the whole cluster. If I disconnect the battery I've noticed that the digital gauges default back to metric. Easy to fix in the settings.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, Same speedo, both numbers are there. Just a settings change in the digital gauges for F vs C, and MPH vs KPH.