Dim Message Center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GJarrett

Reaction score
Our '08 message center display is on a dim setting at all times as if the headlights were on - during the daytime it still stays dim and is very hard or impossible to read in bright light. I cannot figure out if there is a setting that got changed that I can undo back to day mode, or if it is a malfunction and something is wrong.

Is there a way to get it to brighten when it is in day mode?

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 09 is same way. Had two different dealers tell me that the message center is on a different lighting circuit and does not brighten up like rest of interior lights and its normal. Not sure if its true.

Ended up realizing bright sun glare thru windshield was a huge issue on mine. I got a 20% tint strip put on upper section of windshield and tinted the front two windows and it helped tremendously.

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dimmer switch is all the way up and my 07 expedition is the same way so dim that you can barely read it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
kindly update your signature line with year model and engine information. This can be done in the USER CP section as this information helps others give you replies specific to your expy

OP
OP
G

GJarrett

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I also updated my cp with a signature line. It was in my profile but didn't show on my posts.

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the sig line , was the lights brighter when you bought the truck?

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes mine were much brighter when I bought it. I bought the truck with 9 miles on it, it now has over 300.000 runs and looks pristine... People are stunned when they find out how many miles I have. I have a friend who thought I bought a new expedition once after had just washed it. Anyhow, my instrument lights were much brighter until last several months they progressively grew dimmer.....?? I'm at a loss

2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer El