Dorman is complete junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was out for a family trip today and while heading home on the Jersey turnpike I hear a loud boom and suddenly my 98 sounds like a old school dragster. I pull over expecting to see the studs on the manifold flange broken and the pipe separated. What do I see? The damn manifold snapped in half!!!! Broke across the number four exhaust port !!!! This is a replacement manifold from Dorman that is 6 years old with about 30k miles on it. Total garbage!! Guess I know how I’m spending next weekend. Grrr!! — Rant over. Thanks for listening

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dorman used to have decent quality way back in the day, but that was then. You've got 2 choices find a sound used one, or maybe you could find a Oem Ford one through the dealer, or online. Theirs a lot of aftermarket ones online, but their cheaper quality than what you had. Exaust headers are under a lot of heat, and stress, that's why you've got to go with quality, and torque it properly.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk