Driver side 3rd row power seat not responding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FryerTime

Reaction score
So the other day I went to fold down the Driver Side on my 60/40 3rd Row seat and the switch made a faint click but no movement. The recline/decline doesn't work either. The other side (40 part) still works fine. I haven't checked the fuse yet but the fact that everything else works and it did make a sound makes me think it could be a relay. I can't find one for the 3rd row seats thought. Any suggestions?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the other day I went to fold down the Driver Side on my 60/40 3rd Row seat and the switch made a faint click but no movement. The recline/decline doesn't work either. The other side (40 part) still works fine. I haven't checked the fuse yet but the fact that everything else works and it did make a sound makes me think it could be a relay. I can't find one for the 3rd row seats thought. Any suggestions?

It sounds as though something is blocking the seat from folding.

Examine closely the seat cushions, the side of them, and underneath the seat for anything that could prevent the seat from folding.

OP
OP
F

FryerTime

Reaction score
I'll check, but don't think that's the case as the recline/decline feature I believe would still work with something under the seat as only the back support moves for that.

OP
OP
F

FryerTime

Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s not a timeout issue and I checked under the seat again and there’s nothing there. So does anyone know where the relay would be for the rear “60” seat? I still think that could be my issue?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My friend's explorer had the motor go out on one of his seats pretty quick. He had to have it replaced. If it is under warranty still just take it in.

OP
OP
F

FryerTime

Reaction score
Just to close this out, I finally took it to the dealer and they solved my issue FOC. A crayon was stuck in the track, prohibiting any movement from the seat!! I never thought to check the track. Sometimes it's the simple things. Good thing I didn't start tearing off molding to look for a bad relay or switch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65