dual exhaust pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

4 tips

Attachments

• copy of picture 043.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,392
OP
OP
G

I really need to do a more accurate test but I just went to a town
out side of atlantic city on vacation and on cruise control w/4 people and luggage i diddnt hve to stop for gas until fredricksburg Va . I roughly get about 560-575 miles to approx 24 gallons. I really need to be more precise but i top off and i never remember to start my trip meter until after i leave. After my next trip i will be more precise

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just remember....if your vehicle does not have the stock tire size on, and you do not reprogram or make other allowances for the over/undersize tire, the odometer/tripmeter will not display the correct mileage, and thus your MPG will be incorrect.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, you REALLY may want to check your MPG. 575 miles with 24 gallons means 23.9 MPG!!!!! I have seen some pretty wild claims on mileage with an Expy, but that is pretty darn high for a 6000 lb vehicle.

OP
OP
G

Also take into consideration that my wheel height is still the same when you go with a bigger rim 20" but a thinner tire 275-45-20 the actual wheel height is the same if i go with a 22" then i would have a higher overall tire height the biggest thing to worry about actually is proper tranni maintanace w/bigger rims. And my mileage claims are no internet exaggerations like alot of folks may do. Even b4 i did my intake me and a buddy who has a tahoe with 20's went to north carolina there and back he burned a whole tank of gas where i burned between half and three quater tank thats w/7people and both a/c units running watching movies there and back

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice ride...but I am with RWINCH. It is hard to believe 23/24 MPG with a 3 ton vehicle...loaded. I don't see the big benefit of the fresh air intake because it is sucking in hot air from the engine compartment. But hey, it's your vehicle.

OP
OP
G

there is no way in the world your getting 23 miles per gallon in a freakin expedition. Sorry!!

Texaskid05

Reaction score
Can't see why you would say that. I logged 21 mpg on my last trip to Dallas at 75 mph But then I have the 4.6 with 3:31 rear end. But 23mpg would have been easy at say 65mph. Maybe its all those Mods that eat the rest of Yalls gas,,,rofl

OP
OP
G

I have 2000 xlt made the way ford thinks it should be done and I am not getting anywhere near 20 freaking 4 miles to the gallon. If that was the case I am sure a lot more people would be holding onto their trucks and not ******** about gas prices!!!