2017 3.5L Ecoboost Fiberglass Out Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, I think I’ve seen mention of this before, but I’m not sure how to rectify the issue.

I was at the boat ramp today, tide was low, so the exhaust ended up “blub blubing” because of the angle of the ramp and the depth needed to float the ski.

Didn’t notice any noises or any engine issues, but noticed this later in the day.

My biggest question is, what do I do with this? What’s the next step? I’m handy, but not a welder. All advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• EB0BF989-5C52-4A03-9FDF-54C4C944E093.jpeg
    EB0BF989-5C52-4A03-9FDF-54C4C944E093.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, I think I’ve seen mention of this before, but I’m not sure how to rectify the issue.

I was at the boat ramp today, tide was low, so the exhaust ended up “blub blubing” because of the angle of the ramp and the depth needed to float the ski.

Didn’t notice any noises or any engine issues, but noticed this later in the day.

My biggest question is, what do I do with this? What’s the next step? I’m handy, but not a welder. All advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The muffler, or resonator in your truck is packed with the Fibreglas. It's coming out. You need a new one. I suppose you can yank out what's loose and hope for the best.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can yank it and like the sound you will be fine. It will be louder. That is the sound deadener from the Resonator.

Jeff Morris

Reaction score
Be careful just leaving it. I pulled stuffing out for months and it continued to unravel eventually blocking exhaust enough to cause performance and gas mileage to drop off. Had it removed at a muffler shop and had the exhaust routed out the side. No more exhaust in the face when connecting trailers. And IMP it looks right now.
Gas mileage has gone up on average of .5 mpg without the resonator.