E85 tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue87GT

Reaction score
Anyone have a canned tune for running E85? Interested in both the cheaper fuel, and increased power that can be had with it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have a canned tune for running E85? Interested in both the cheaper fuel, and increased power that can be had with it.

There are NO canned tunes for E85.

There is only one Tuner I know of writing Stock Pump/E85 tunes for the 4th Gen Expedition and that is ZFG.

Our 2020 runs it daily.

Here is proof of our last fillup for the doubters, and Dragy of it 0-60.

This is a 2020, Max, Limited(Fully Optioned) on factory 22’s. Your MPG WILL go down.

70a08e13e0a20a52d80a926a3c5e5900.jpg

acb398b1f030536a86dbfd31bf20b4ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Mac Attack

Reaction score
That's impressive @LokiWolf

Do you have aftermarket high and low pressure fuel pumps?

I sometimes run an effective e25 blend with my JB4 and 26psi boost (Raptor engine in a Navigator), and that's as high as I can go because my fuel rail pressure drops dangerously low (to the point where afrs might be affected if I keep my foot on it).

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
E85 fuel has less energy per gallon, when compared to conventional gasoline: https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_benefits.html

As such, when using E85 fuel - you will see a reduction in your miles-per-gallon (compared to conventional gasoline).

Yes, and mentioned that above. The cost saving at least where I am is more than the %MPG loss. Not to mention the power gain.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's impressive @LokiWolf

Do you have aftermarket high and low pressure fuel pumps?

I sometimes run an effective e25 blend with my JB4 and 26psi boost (Raptor engine in a Navigator), and that's as high as I can go because my fuel rail pressure drops dangerously low (to the point where afrs might be affected if I keep my foot on it).

Nothing added. Just E85 in the tank, and ZFG’s E85(Stock Hardware) tune loaded.

That is a few revisions in. The baseline is VERY safe and it is dialed in from there.

Yeah, if the JB4 is designed for Pump Gasoline then it will not be able to adjust for Higher Ethanol levels.

I could actually get MORE power out of E50 than E85 with stock hardware, but then the wife would have to mix. It would probably be good for about 2 10ths.

OP
OP
B

Blue87GT

Reaction score
Thanks for the company name, I'll search them up. Fully aware of the reduced MPG-running it in my 2003 Cobra and 2014 Merc.

DAMN good 0-60 numbers!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the company name, I'll search them up. Fully aware of the reduced MPG-running it in my 2003 Cobra and 2014 Merc.

DAMN good 0-60 numbers!

He is not accepting new customers right now, but will be soon. He has a waiting list on his website. Well worth the wait!

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BTW
Ethanol is a carbon neutral fuel
When it is consumed a certain amount of carbon is released into the atmosphere
However when the plants are grown that are used to make it they remove an equal amount of carbon from the atmosphere
That is why it is carbon neutral
Ethanol has an octane rating of 113
E85 is about 108 octane
Usually the loss in mileage is offset by the lower cost of the fuel when compared to premium gasoline:33: