EATC no floor or vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86caprirs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 02 Expedition is not giving me floor or vent. I removed the vacuum lines to the lower vacuum actuator and it seems I am not getting enough vacuum to the lower actuator at all. I checked that I am getting vacuum to the head unit. I even had a set of vacuum distribution lines from a head unit that I used to test vacuum output. It seems like that solenoids to the lower vacuum lines do not work properly. I can manually suck on the yellow and blue hose to the lower pod and make the door move to floor. It can also hold the vacuum to the lower actuator so I know I do not have a leak of any sort. Is the solenoids a common failure on the EATC units? Can I get new solenoids bridge or do I need a whole new EATC unit?

OP
OP
86caprirs

86caprirs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I did what you guys said and replaced the 4 o rings. Now the system works perfect in all positions.

One thing I did notice is that my solenoid bridge was not plastic. It was a full metal cage. So I had to do some serious magic to get the plungers out of the solenoids. Only casualty was one tab broke but nothing a small zip tie could not fix. Inspection of the old o rings showed that they were squared off and not crowned anymore.