EBAY Power increase adverts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My concern is warranty. I think that after 36month or sooner I would attempt something like this but not now. I can just see it. I told my wife that I would save money bu buy a new vehicle that has the warranty. Can you imagein afte 1000 miles if I had to fork out $'s for a repair. I would be forking out $ for the local motel 6.

JT :)

OP
OP
G

Reversible

If you look at the site it is completely reversible and only takes 2-3 minutes. Difficult to see how a timing advance would do much damage. Be interesting if anyone has tuning experience could comment.

PaulC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Timing advance can do damage if it promotes detonation (knocking) within the engine. I would be very hesitant to graft resistors into the engine management system of any automobile, particularly an OBD-II compliant vehicle.

Imagine the time spent by Ford engineers, working in a highly competitive environment, designing engine management systems to provide the best combination of economy, power and reliability. If one more diode could reliably provide more power and exact no penalty from the vehicle or consumer, I think Ford would have stumbled onto this by now.

If I wanted to make changes to my engine management system, I would feel a lot more comfortable buying a performance chip from an established company that has performed serious R & D. Of course, the price (penalty) for this change would be a reliance on premium fuel from that point onward.

OP
OP
G

Basically don't waste your time or money on it. If you want real performance get a chip or e-fan or a power adder. That resistor thing is similar to the helix power tower t/b spacer.