Electric fan anyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I mounted my controllers on top of the radiator. It just so happened that my controllers fit almost perfectly in the rails between the front and back of the radiator. I put the plastic cowl back down over the radiator and it hides the controllers very nicely. I ran all of my power wires from the fuse box that is on the driver's side inside of wire loom. So, unless you know I have e-fans, you don't know my truck has been modified.

OP
OP
AlexExpy

AlexExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mounted my controllers on top of the radiator. It just so happened that my controllers fit almost perfectly in the rails between the front and back of the radiator. I put the plastic cowl back down over the radiator and it hides the controllers very nicely. I ran all of my power wires from the fuse box that is on the driver's side inside of wire loom. So, unless you know I have e-fans, you don't know my truck has been modified.

Maybe your radiator is wider, mine wouldn't fit on top of the radiator. Besides, I want to have quick access to change the temp setting and didn't want to have remove the plastic cowl every time.

I may have to find a switched power to supply the relay controller, it just doesn't feel right hearing the fan on while the engine has been shut off.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Alex, I do not worry about it. The fan will shut off within 30 seconds or so of turning off the motor. Do not worry about it. The only reason why I would change it is that I seem to have a problem where when the fan is running, it will not let me lock the doors with the remote. I can do it manually, but the remote will not work.

OP
OP
AlexExpy

AlexExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alex, I do not worry about it. The fan will shut off within 30 seconds or so of turning off the motor. Do not worry about it. The only reason why I would change it is that I seem to have a problem where when the fan is running, it will not let me lock the doors with the remote. I can do it manually, but the remote will not work.

Thermo, yeah! I maybe worry too much for nothing. Your problem with the key-fob relating to the electric fan is unique. I really haven't a clue. What year is your car?

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Alex, I have one of the early 97 trucks. My truck has a few oddities to it that the other trucks don't have. I don't see how what I did could have affected the key fob other than possibly introducing a little bit of noise into the electrical system when the truck is off which is enough to confuse the PATS system. I have just learned to hit the lock button as I am leaving the truck. No big deal.

OP
OP
AlexExpy

AlexExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update!

Just completed an adventure with the kids and wife, 2K miles later, 5 hotels in seven days five different states and the fan never even ran more than 2 minutes. This is a keeper :favorites13:

With all that said, glad to be home..

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you notice an increase in MPG's on your trip now that you have electric fans?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AlexExpy

AlexExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you notice an increase in MPG's on your trip now that you have electric fans?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm sure it does in some way. I have just bought this car less than two weeks, so I didn't have too much seating time before the fan conversion. All I can tell you is throttle response is noticeable quicker off the line, and I'm sure my water pump appreciates the monkey off its back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinTillery