Electric Fans - Is there really a power increase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After doing some looking and checking, there seems to be a fair bit of common items between my 97 Expedition and the 98 Windstar parts van we have in the yard. I've already grabbed the starter and the positive battery cable and I noticed that the radiators are the same size within 1" in either direction.... the Windstar has a dual electric fan setup. I'm wondering if it would be possible/advisable to use the fans from the Windstar and set up some kind of controller? Would there be one in the Windstar somewhere or would I have to get an aftermarket one?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it also depends on if you are getting a puller or a pusher. i started a thread like this on my other forum because i am thinking of doin the same thing to my expy. i like having control of my temp when im offroading. so i can just flip the switch when i think she is running too hot and turn it off on the ride home.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself