Electric Pedal Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyNewExpy

Reaction score
Hey guys....my electric pedal adjustment only makes my pedals move about 1/2" or so in each direction then stops. I know they are supposed to move more and the agravating part about it is they are in the "up" postion so it's very uncomfortable to drive when they are that far up....any ideas? Ohhh It's and '03 EB 4x4...Thanks guys.

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use the search function, but the cliff notes are you are going to be buying a new brake pedal assembly.

nardone24

Reaction score
Found this online for you... Hope it helps

I decided to look at this problem today. It's been bugging me since we bought it in Sept. since it seemed like the pedals were near the far aft end of the travel range.

After doing some isolating of the system, I narrowed it down to the gear box or pedal assembly for the brake pedal. So I took the cover off of the brake pedal gearbox. This will require disconnecting the cable from it. To do this, you lightly squeeze the plastic retainer on the end of the cable to allow it to slide off the gearbox. Removing the gearbox cover requires removing three torx screws and popping two snap tabs out their slots. After removing the cover, I discovered the problem. The gear on the jackshaft is cracked.

It appears to be a plastic gear molded or pressed over a threaded metal insert that turns on the jack shaft. The crack in the plastic gear limits it to one full rotation before the spiral gear hits the crack. So all it will do is run back and forth by one gear rotation, which only moves the pedals a little more than 3/8".

Since the position sensor is on the accelerator pedal end of the cable, I left the cable disconnected from the brake pedal end. This allows at least the accelerator to work through its full range and still have the memory function. I left the cover off of the brake pedal gear box, which allows rotating the gear by hand to get the brake pedal adjusted to a position that is comfortable for everyone that drives our Expy.
Now I will keep watching the local wrecking yards for a brake pedal assembly I can scavenge.

I hope this helps others troubleshoot the small movement of the adjustable pedals problem that seems to be so common.

Part #2L1Z-2455-BB
Approx $375 to have someone install it

Last edited:

Curless Auto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is now a real fix for this. I have a repair gear that will never fail again. I have sent s message to supermod here to get permission to post up info on them. Please let me know if there is any real interest in this product.