Engine Oil Life Reset Function Missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Expedition and just changed the oil and the Oil Life Reset button is missing. Can’t find it any any sub menus engine on or in accessories. The last thing I did was add global window open/shut from the key fob with ForScan and I’m wondering if the menu icon was replaced with the global window setting menu icon. Anyone else experience this?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have global windows with key fob enabled and still have the oil life % screen where you press and hold “Ok” to reset.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that CS at ForScan assisted me within 24hrs to locate the right setting and enable the “Oil Life Reset” function in my IPC. Very responsive and helpful. ForScan is the bomb for setting your vehicle up the way you want it and enable the functions that Ford doesn’t want to give you for free. It was all user error on my part and it took two clicks to fix the issue after plugging everything in.

Last edited:

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you p
I just wanted to follow and let everyone know that CS at ForScan assisted me within 24hrs to locate the right setting and enable the “Oil Life Reset” function in my IPC. Very responsive and helpful. ForScan is the bomb for setting your vehicle up the way you want it and enable the functions that Ford doesn’t want to give you for free. It was all user error on my part and it took two clicks to fix the issue after plugging everything in.
Can you provide specific details about what you changed? It could help somebody in the future who is doing Forscan tweaks.

I had added the global windows feature on my 2019 via Forscan. I checked today and I still have the oil life reset.