Engine Replacement On 2015 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
It is very hard on the coils and that's what makes a lot of them fail before they would but 30,000 is probably being very proactive about it. With modern ignition systems from the early 90s on you are fairly safe to go at least 50 or 60 thousand miles.
This does depend on the type of plug but is anybody actually using plain old copper plugs anymore?? I had on occasion but you want to change them by every 30000 because the Gap Lee Road quickly. On a standard Motorcraft or Autolite single Platinum you can go 50 or 60 thousand and probably only a road the gap 5-8 thousands.
A double Platinum is going to wear even less. Irradiance would last even longer but I don't pay the money for those. There's also a trade-off on actual spark performance. Every time you get the harder materials that last longer you get less actual spark or you get a pinpoint spark that isn't exactly the best thing to promote the best combustion but in reality it's all kind of a moot point.
Nowhere ever did anybody decide that it was a really good idea to leave plugs in a hundred thousand miles... This was simply done so the manufacturers could claim you didn't have to do a tune-up for a hundred thousand miles. Buy our new high-tech engine in our new car and you will save money on maintenance and repairs.
Just like the new Briggs & Stratton push mower engines that say never needs oil changes just check and top off. If that's not a bad idea. Nothing is. All marketing.
My 15yr old briggs & Stratton lawn mower has the original plug. Usually starts 1 pull and never misses a beat. A scored cylinder could be a bad ring, gas washing or debris. 120K in 4yrs is 30K a year. That's 6 oil changes per year(not likely). My guess it wasn't changed every 5,000mi.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im going with odometer fraud on this one. pretty solid on that feeling.

if everyone only knew how easy it is to pull up an actual iATN history report (along with carfax) on a vehicle, find its actual odometer history and where the records end, and plug in a cheap chinese 100$ tool which completely reprograms the odometer.
its really criminal how there is no regulation here. manufactures can easily implement data logging and/or tampering measures which would be of great benefit to incidents such as this.

also, the law is completely careless to this serious type of fraud.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going with odometer fraud on this one. pretty solid on that feeling.

if everyone only knew how easy it is to pull up an actual iATN history report (along with carfax) on a vehicle, find its actual odometer history and where the records end, and plug in a cheap chinese 100$ tool which completely reprograms the odometer.
its really criminal how there is no regulation here. manufactures can easily implement data logging and/or tampering measures which would be of great benefit to incidents such as this.

No, he had a Carfax. Mileage is reported on there for service visits at the dealer. All you do is verify the miles didn’t suddenly go backwards or stop. He said nothing didn’t match up or seem out of ordinary so odometer fraud isn’t possible here. Plus it’s a 2015 I mean how many miles would it have lol.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, he had a Carfax. Mileage is reported on there for service visits at the dealer. All you do is verify the miles didn’t suddenly go backwards or stop. He said nothing didn’t match up or seem out of ordinary so odometer fraud isn’t possible here. Plus it’s a 2015 I mean how many miles would it have lol.

There are some super high mileage trucks out there. Though I agree fraud is likely not an issue here.
I was searching car-part.com maybe 6 months ago. There were 2 totaled 2015s that had a railroad company logo on the doors and one had 320k on the clock and the other 350k on the clock.
It looked like one rear ended the other

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The OP probably had fuel dilution, from neglected oil changes.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score

yes, the service visits can all be legitimate, but you dont know when they begin or end. also, there are various ways to push false information to carfax now. very simple ways which involve little effort.
and, an iATN report is different from carfax. i suggest you look up on it. the point is finding the vehicles true history, its history regarding all possible odometer readings. odometer fraud is certainly possible here, im not sure what you are thinking.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, the service visits can all be legitimate, but you dont know when they begin or end. also, there are various ways to push false information to carfax now. very simple ways which involve little effort.
and, an iATN report is different from carfax. i suggest you look up on it. the point is finding the vehicles true history, its history regarding all possible odometer readings. odometer fraud is certainly possible here, im not sure what you are thinking.

298432E4-7224-4D86-B2E9-7B4D1104CEB8.gif

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are some super high mileage trucks out there. Though I agree fraud is likely not an issue here.
I was searching car-part.com maybe 6 months ago. There were 2 totaled 2015s that had a railroad company logo on the doors and one had 320k on the clock and the other 350k on the clock.
It looked like one rear ended the other

ha your phone auto corrected copart.com into car-part.com
also, does anyone here think its funny how copart and the iAAi dont display or retain any vin info. and by funny, i mean its borderline criminal
ive never seen such widespread fraudulent dishonesty remain completely unregulated before.
the government seems to have very little concern with people loosing such large investments. by this logic, some may even consider the government to be criminal

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ha your phone auto corrected copart.com into car-part.com
also, does anyone here think its funny how copart and the iAAi dont display or retain any vin info. and by funny, i mean its borderline criminal
ive never seen such widespread fraudulent dishonesty remain completely unregulated before.
the government seems to have very little concern with people loosing such large investments. by this logic, some may even consider the government to be criminal

No autocorrect.
www.car-part.com is a nationwide salvage yard parts search.
Very good resource. Just takes so searching not always easiest to find what you are looking for.