engine time :'(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 01 lost oil pressure today and developed a good death knock. So im looking for a used donor. Any year better or less prone to problems? What kind of job is it? Hour wise and skill wise ? Any tips for re and re?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Late in production the 2v "PI" motors started using 8 threads spark plug bosses. These would be ideal because if virtually removes any chance of ejecting a plug. Problem is I cannot tell you exactly when they started using them. Thinking around 03. Might be worth pulling a plug and have a look.

As far as how long it will take depends on your experience level, help and tools on hand. I would plan a long weekend minimum assuming you have motor on hand.

I have replaced my motor but did many modifications at the same time. Straight swap should be much quicker. From the time I began pulling the original motor till the new one was in and up and running was appr. 2 weeks.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f44/another-blown-expy-coming-soon-11485/

5.4 or 4.6 ??

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Places like this can help you out if you don't want to take the chance on a used motor.

Ford 8 Cylinder Engines

They will usually put inserts in the plug holes to prevent any blowout issues in the future.