Expedition broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This past weekend someone poped out my door handle out, unlocked the car and stole a lot of valuables. Is there a fix so it is not as easy to brake in to? The police said they just take a large screwdriver pry the back, bottom of the door handle assembly. He said it takes them about a 1 min.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can go the custom route and shave the door handles. Different look and nothing to pop.

P.s. sorry to hear about the truck and the things they stole. Hope you get your stuff back and they catch the a$$wholes
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that...you would have to do what talls suggested and get bulletproof glass...if they really want what you have inside...they'll bust our your windows/windshield...so how sound can you really make your vehicle...

OP
OP
B

Butch Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After seeing how they got in I can't believe Ford designed the doors that way. I can now take a screwdriver to any Expedition door and open it faster than you can with a key and never set of the alarm.

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Um yeah if someone wants in they will just break a window. Heres my suggestion- move to the middle of nowhere (like me)

OP
OP
B

Butch Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually the car was in a parking lot at a little league baseball park less then 75 yards from people so they had to be quiet and not break a window or set off the alarm.

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The concepts the auto bolt go over are sound. You want to be a less desirable target than those around you. Unless you've pissed people off, the person breaking into your vehicle is after valuables. If I see two expeditions and I peek in the windows: one has some jewelry in the little coin tray, a tool box and some power tools in the back, another looks totally bare with the exception of some dirty sneakers behind the driver's door. Which one do you think i'm going to hit? Keeping you car fairly clean and empty of valuables when possible is easy and inexpensive.
Also, if you can find a way to make it harder to break in that would be good too. You said yourself you can grab a screwdriver and get into any Expy, what if you came upon a Expy and you couldn't open it with your screwdriver? Are you going to continue fiddling around with it or move on to another Expy that you can open?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The concepts the auto bolt go over are sound. You want to be a less desirable target than those around you. Unless you've pissed people off, the person breaking into your vehicle is after valuables. If I see two expeditions and I peek in the windows: one has some jewelry in the little coin tray, a tool box and some power tools in the back, another looks totally bare with the exception of some dirty sneakers behind the driver's door. Which one do you think i'm going to hit? Keeping you car fairly clean and empty of valuables when possible is easy and inexpensive.
Also, if you can find a way to make it harder to break in that would be good too. You said yourself you can grab a screwdriver and get into any Expy, what if you came upon a Expy and you couldn't open it with your screwdriver? Are you going to continue fiddling around with it or move on to another Expy that you can open?

That's why I said shaved door handles. Nothing to pop out. If they are going for glass there is nothing you can do shy of bulletproof glass

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk