Expedition VS Armada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did anyone look into the Armada before deciding to purchase the Expedition? What was your determining factors?

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They weren't on the island yet when I was looking. There still aren't a whole lot...well...comapred to the 03+ Expys.

I think the side view must throw a lot of people off. I did for me. :barf:

I've never driven one but after crawling all around one, I was left pretty impressed with the product. I'd like to drive one...but it would have to have the front windows tinted so nobody could see me. :p

rainmn

Reaction score
I did. Would have gotten it in a heartbeat, if it weren't so ugly. Obviously, I knew it was ugly before going to look at them, but /I was hoping I could overlook that, since I thought it would be a better truck. I still think it's a better truck, but neither the wife or I could get past the looks. Too bad.
Before I had kids, I had a Pathfinder. Out of all the cars & trucks I've owned (A couple dozen of them) that Pathfinder was the most trouble free. I loved that truck.
At about 5 months old w/ 5,000 miles, my new Expedition has already been to the dealer more than that Pathfinder was in 3 years. (And some of the issues still aren't fixed.)

OP
OP
D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, I was just getting used to the looks to where I thought I could buy one.

I really wanted to get the Armada too because of my experience with Nissan in the past. I have had 3 Maximas. Those cars run forever problem free and don't complain when you beat 'em. It would be nice to have that in a full size SUV.

It was the fit, finish and colors of the interior that made us buy the Ford. I was bummed.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first "real" car was a Maxima. What a fantastic car!

You know, if they made the Armada look more like the new Pathfinder (!) I'd be at the Nissan dealer tomorrow... :D

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to watch people "go over" the armada at the car show this past weekend, and i wasn't too impressed with what i saw, in this way: the third row folded flat, and the second row kinda folded flat, but the second row center console couldn't be removed.

That's not to say that the person trying to remove it was doing it right.

The third row was a bench and the second row was captains. I thought it looked really sharpe. It was leather with all the "trimmins". The sticker price was $47k, but it kinda looked like more of a luxury vehicle than a normal everyday use vehicle.

I use my truck a lot for hauling stuff inside and on trailors, the way the armada was laid out, I felt like i SHOULDN'T treat it like i treat my expy.

just my two cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1