Expy without a hitch :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah my truck never came with one from the factory.. :jawdrop:

But its time fior me to buy one! Probably gunna be new, cant find any part outs or used ones. Any reccomendations guys?

Like brands or websites to go to/run from.. And any info on install (drilling/hardware)?

Thank you!!!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well stick with Reese or Warn and you should be fine. Also get a class IV. That will give you close to stock towing capability. As far as drilling goes, smart money says that the holes necessary are already there because it would make sense for Ford to make all of the frames the same way (saves on cost), but I could be wrong.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Find a local RV dealer. They can install the hitch and wiring and should have access to all the big manufacturers.

Stay away from U Haul. Not the most knowledgable about installations.

If you want to do it yourself, E-trailer.com. I've bought several items from them without any problems.

Just make sure you have extra jackstands handy to hole the hitch while you roll around under the truck.

Marc

rocketvette95

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One more place you might want to check out is your local Salvage yards. You should be able to get a factory hitch with all the hardware for less than $50.00 and you might be able to get all the relays,some wiring and what ever else you might need to install it.

rocketvette95

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can check some Salvage Yards if you go to Car-Part.com and use your zip code to find which one is closest. You can also find some great deals on Ebay,and some of the sellers have free shipping to save some money there also

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire