Factory/aftermarket rear dvd question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdons_expy

Reaction score
I have an 05 EB that appears to have had a factory dvd replaced with a larger aftermarket dvd. The DVD player is having issues to im going to replace the unit. This is my first vehicle with DVD in it so I have no idea where to start. it appears that the previous owner had put in the aftermarket replacement but the DVD audio through the cars speakers is disabled, it only works through the headphones. My dads 04 EB can play the DVD through the speakers so I'm assuming someone just set mine up to only work through headphones. I don't have any manuals on anything. Does anyone have any insight? Maybe a quick fix that I'm missing since I'm inexperienced with the DVD. I've installed and reinstalled the stereo in my truck, amp, sub and all so I'm savvy on the install processes, I would just like to avoids completely re installing everything if there is a simple solution. Thanks in advance!

Quick edit: the HU is the factory 6 disc, it appears that the replacement DVD was just mounted and plugged in to factory wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817