Fake engine noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d love to proven wrong. Please provide a video or sound clip of your set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s one at idle

Interior you cant really tell and I don’t have a go pro or anything to stick to the outside of the truck

I’ll try to get you a drive by. In on vacation right now. Stay tuned

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s one at idle

Interior you cant really tell and I don’t have a go pro or anything to stick to the outside of the truck

I’ll try to get you a drive by. In on vacation right now. Stay tuned

Whats up with this typical V6 sound?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand you’re jealous. It’s ok though, don’t knock it till you try it :lol:

I have 3 of these 3.5L's and 4 V-8's. All the 3.5's have the mufflers in place and all the V-8's have their mufflers removed! I'm just not into advertising a V-6. I love these Ecoboosts, but my wife really loves them because I refuse to jerk the mufflers off of them! lol.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 3 of these 3.5L's and 4 V-8's. All the 3.5's have the mufflers in place and all the V-8's have their mufflers removed! I'm just not into advertising a V-6. I love these Ecoboosts, but my wife really loves them because I refuse to jerk the mufflers off of them! lol.
My muffler is still in place. I removed the rear resonator on the tail pipe

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand you’re jealous. It’s ok though, don’t knock it till you try it :lol:

I think that you are confusing deep tones, rumble and the like with V8 sound.

Engines all have a distinctive sound based on the number of cylinders, the configuration (V, in-line, horizontally opposed, flat plane) and firing order.

A Harley has a distinctive sound due to the crank being 315 degrees offset for the two cylinders. You can’t make a normal v-twin with two pins and 180 degree offset sound like a harley.

Even within V8s, no matter the header arrangement (changing lengths) you can’t make a V8 sound like a flat plane V8. Think Voodoo VS Coyote. The Voodoo is distinctive even within flat plane engines, but still sounds like a characteristic flat plane engine.

I await your drive by or even revving video. I would love my V6 to sound like a V8.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that you are confusing deep tones, rumble and the like with V8 sound.

Engines all have a distinctive sound based on the number of cylinders, the configuration (V, in-line, horizontally opposed, flat plane) and firing order.

A Harley has a distinctive sound due to the crank being 315 degrees offset for the two cylinders. You can’t make a normal v-twin with two pins and 180 degree offset sound like a harley.

Even within V8s, no matter the header arrangement (changing lengths) you can’t make a V8 sound like a flat plane V8. Think Voodoo VS Coyote. The Voodoo is distinctive even within flat plane engines, but still sounds like a characteristic flat plane engine.

I await your drive by or even revving video. I would love my V6 to sound like a V8.

Yep ok.

Hope the wait keeps the suspense up. I may make you wait a little longer

OP
OP
F

fetasigma

Reaction score
The code for the f150 appears to be
ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx
This sound right for an 18 expidition

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk