Few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was here quite a bit over the summer, but I have been insanely busy with football season. Now, I finally have some time to sit back and do some hobbies and I have a couple of questions.

Right now I have a Sony headunit and Kenwood speakers. The only problem is that when I turn the head unit up over 40 (max 50) it gets blurry and sounds terrible. I've heard that this is because I need to get a multi-channel amp for my component speakers. Could someone possibly help me pick out one of those relatively cheap? I want to be able to turn my stuff up and everything still sound good. Let me know what all I can do here.

I also need to get a capacitor. When I turn my amp all the way up, my lights definitely flicker.....even my speedometer lights flicker.

I had a couple more questions, but I can't remember them right now. I appreciate all of the help I got over the summer, and I hope that I can get answers here. Thanks guys.

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try crutchfield.com for a 4-ch amp. you probably don't need a cap. try adding grounds from your battery to various points underneath the hood. the altenator, firewall, cradle, etc. the amount of power your demanding needs to get back to the battery as quick as its leaving it. most people never add a bigger gorund to their system. the ground that is there from the factory is for factrory items like headlights, defrosters, etc. if after adding grounds you still have an issue you may have a weak battetry that needs replacing or may need to upgrade your altenator. a cap can only store power, it can't make it, and if you don't have enough to begin with then you need a way to make more.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would just like to know where to mount a 4 channel. i was going to do it between the 3rd and 2nd rows. but who knows. but dont buy a cap! WASTE OF YO MONEY!!! do the big three. i have a post of it on here but also look it up. power to alt. ground to frame. ground to engine. thats about it. but i cant find the engine ground still! this will help a lot! either keep the stock wiring or remove it. im going to keep the stock wiring so i can take my wiring to a new truck if i ever have to sell this one. hope not. but crutchfield has good prices. but once you find one go to your local car audio place. one that dosent sepcialize in any particular brand. they usually have better deals and you can negotiate with them too. my dad did. got $300 off install of 4 channel, tint, and head unit.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was here quite a bit over the summer, but I have been insanely busy with football season. Now, I finally have some time to sit back and do some hobbies and I have a couple of questions.

Right now I have a Sony headunit and Kenwood speakers. The only problem is that when I turn the head unit up over 40 (max 50) it gets blurry and sounds terrible. I've heard that this is because I need to get a multi-channel amp for my component speakers. Could someone possibly help me pick out one of those relatively cheap? I want to be able to turn my stuff up and everything still sound good. Let me know what all I can do here.

I also need to get a capacitor. When I turn my amp all the way up, my lights definitely flicker.....even my speedometer lights flicker.

I had a couple more questions, but I can't remember them right now. I appreciate all of the help I got over the summer, and I hope that I can get answers here. Thanks guys.

What ohms are you running your speakers and amp at? If the load is 1 or 2 you will be giving your electrical system hell and your alt' is working over time at that point.

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What ohms are you running your speakers and amp at? If the load is 1 or 2 you will be giving your electrical system hell and your alt' is working over time at that point.

I'm not really sure what i'm running to be honest. I had a shop install it. I just blew my amp, and i'm sending it in tomorrow to get replaced.