finished the sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bounce

Reaction score
I wrapped the box in leather and made a "grill" with star cutouts to protect the Orion 15" subs.
What do you think?
efcd876b.jpg

efcd8737.jpg

firemann32

Reaction score
Originally posted by smo0othride
Stars wouldn't be what I'd I put, but if stars are what you like, the box looks good.

Haulin' Azz Silhouettes would be cool. :cool: :cool:

OP
OP
B

Bounce

Reaction score
Oh well, not really the reponses I would have liked. I wanted to build something that wasn't the same old ovals, or metal grills, and I am not going to put stars all over my truck, that would be feminine. Nautical stars have recently become an icon for Northern California, so I thought the stars would different for the box trim as well as for "reppin Nor*Cal".
Do you guys not like the stars, or is it the box itself?, I went with black leather, cause I at the time I couldn't find a matching color, would it be better if I redid it in the same color as the seat leather?
I am really pleased with the way it came out, and I am not going to try to win any shows with it by any means.

OP
OP
B

Bounce

Reaction score
Here is a bigger pic, sorry its still blurry though.
album_pic.php

Last edited:

firemann32

Reaction score
I guess it's not that bad, now if they were shooting stars the gaydar would have a target lock.

The leather box is a cool idea. :cool:

Personnly I like either a 5th order box (enclosed only ports) or subs visible but hey that's my tastes. Stars are just out of the ordinary. Way to go though, thinking outside the norm.

Ernesto

Reaction score
Honestly I don't like it...I make custom boxes as a side job and I honestly think a nice box (48"W) covering up the sides wrapped in some suede or even carpet could have looked better than that.