First gen engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my lifter rattle is getting worse and worse and with 285K on it im thinking of just swapping out the engine... not going to do anything really high performance (even though I would like to) since its my daily driver. maybe a few bolt on power adders and some dress up stuff. I am kinda wanting to find a low milage vehicle and swap the tranny out too.... so my question is What years of 4.6 will drop right in with my 97? also what vehicles have the exact same engine and tranny combo? I am assuming f-150 but I am new to owning a ford so not too familiar with what will and will not interchange.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the best drop in swap IMO is the navigator DOCH 32 valve 5.4. that motor/tranny an computer are a bolt in deal.

OP
OP
callee11

callee11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im just wanting to stay with a 4.6l Im not real concerned with out running anyone or anything... the 4.6 has enough power to do what I want it to do on a daily basis... if it werent my daily driver and I had the $$$ I would do a lightning swap but for now I just want to stay pretty close to stock as far as engine/tranny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger