Flip down install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bounce

Reaction score
I want to put 3 drop down monitors in my 97, 1 in the middle up front by the windshield and the other 2 behind the driver and pass. Do I have to drop the headliner? Is the headliner strong enough to support the weight of the 3 moniters? This will be my first monitor install so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dominus

Reaction score
You don't need to remove the head liner, but it won't support 3 monitors. What I did was cut a hole in the liner, and glue a piece of wood to the roof then used that to mount the monitors.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by dominus
You don't need to remove the head liner, but it won't support 3 monitors. What I did was cut a hole in the liner, and glue a piece of wood to the roof then used that to mount the monitors.

What kind of glue did you use?

OP
OP
B

Bounce

Reaction score
I installed them without using any glue. I bought 2 different types of epoxy, but when I pulled the headliner down, it seemed strong enough to hold all three monitors. I was able to pull the headliner down enough to slide some MDF in there and hold while I screwed the monitors through the headliner and into the MDF. I didn't use any of the epoxy, and so far with the bass and driving around all weekend, they seem to be fine.
album_pic.php

JimsZ

Reaction score
That would scare me to cut up my headliner. Maybe just pull headliner down a little and shove a piece of plywood above it. A large square 12 X 12 or larger.

Either that or try to create some kind of metal bracket that will bolt on from the overhead console...

Just make sure you don't use 3" deck screws to mount 'em with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagez