Fog light assembly replacement on a 98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I need some serious help with this problem.
I need to replace both the drivers side and passenger side for light assemblies. There are three (3) small screws that hold each housing in place ( two are on top one on the bottom ). The drivers side will come out with a little squeezing and reaching HOWEVER the passenger side is the issue. The top inboard screw is directly in front of the horn bell assembly. You can't reach the bolt holding the horns from the wheel well. Anyone ever do this job and if you did how the heck did you get to those top screws on the passenger side?? Help please.

OP
OP
Jack Snodgrass
Reaction score
I need some serious help with this problem.
I need to replace both the drivers side and passenger side for light assemblies. There are three (3) small screws that hold each housing in place ( two are on top one on the bottom ). The drivers side will come out with a little squeezing and reaching HOWEVER the passenger side is the issue. The top inboard screw is directly in front of the horn bell assembly. You can't reach the bolt holding the horns from the wheel well. Anyone ever do this job and if you did how the heck did you get to those top screws on the passenger side?? Help please.

Never mind I get the job done. You take off the front bumper and it's like cream cheese after that. Took me less than an hour start to finish.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you solved your problem! You might get a quicker response if you post in the 1st Gen forum as the guys with those trucks are paying close attention to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65