fog switch in overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like vehicles to look factory that being said im planning on installing big bright lights behind the grill and i thought it would be cool to use one of the dummy switches in my over head console. has anyone done this what switch went there from ford and what might fit that switch opening that is usefull for my purpose.

thanks in advance

OP
OP
gharris129

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea that is the button i would want to try to use. I dont have vents in the back so those are free. anyone have a pic of what the button looks like any ideas of how i could use one to run my fogs would be awesome.

thanks

Stuntz4fun

Reaction score
I know this is well outdated but I am going to do th same thing with my 2000 Expedition.
I plan on using one switch for aux lighting and one for an extra air horn. I found the original switch on e-bay here is the part number.

1997-2002 FORD EXPEDITION NAVIGATOR REAR WINDOW VENT SWITCH
NEW F75B-14717-AA

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
You will need to use a different switch since the factory vent switch is a spring return to center. So, as long as you press the button, the lights will come on. But, as soon as you release the switch, they will go off. So, unless you put a latching circuit on the relay, you may be hard pressed to make the lights worthwhile using that switch.

OP
OP
gharris129

gharris129

Full Access Members
Reaction score
let me know if you get anywhere with it. I still hav ent started on it but that seams like an awesome project

Stuntz4fun

Reaction score
Thanks Thermo, thought of that after I posted... That switch will be great for my aux horn. Still working on what to do for aux lights

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington