Footrest for Expeditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has tried to install a footrest on the Expy? In the past, I've owned mostly Japanese cars and trucks and they all had footrests - not having one on the Expy now is kinda throwing me off. I don't know what to do with my left leg haha. But in all seriousness tho, my left leg gets a bit uncomfortable on long hauls/trips from placing my foot flat on the floor...

Looked around a bit and found some guys using early 80's ford mustang footrest/dead pedals on the F150's. Here's a pic from one of the installs (by gDMJOE) and the link:

deadpedalinstalled.jpg

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/drivers-seat-painfully-uncomfortable-106710/index2/

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/foot-rest-dead-pedal-75386/

What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this or have any other recommendations? I have an 06, did the 1st or 3rd gens come with footrests?

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your just used to that clutch from your 240. haha
but i dont blame you. if i go for long drives i have to stretch out my feet. i some times 2 foot drive in the mountains cause of this.

OP
OP
R

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha I know!

Yeah it can get very uncomfortable. I actually found a foot rest from a nissan 240sx chassis I scrapped a few years ago in my random parts bin. I mocked it up and it actually looks really good! Need to play with it a little more, but definitely going to try to make it work...

I'll post some pics soon, should be an easy install

OP
OP
R

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had some free time today and was finally able to install my footrest. I came across a 89-94 Nissan 240sx foortrest in my parts bin and after some rough measurements, I decided to give it a try.

So here's a pic of the actual pedal:
IMG_0697.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg

pulling out the carpet, this is what you find:
IMG_0688.jpg

I played around with the positioning a bit, and found this to be the best location. Surprisingly, the contour of the pedal matches the curves of the floor perfectly and gives a very good sturdy base. Also clears the foot brake well.
IMG_0689.jpg

I then marked the floor with a marker and drilled the holes with a bit.
IMG_0690.jpg

sourced some bolts from one of my bolt bins:
IMG_0694.jpg

Might be overkill, but wanted to make sure everything sealed up and was weather proofed, used some high temp RTV silicone:
IMG_0699.jpg

Trimming and cutting thru the carpet was the tough part. After some cautious and careful cutting, here's where I ended up:
IMG_0693.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg

and the final product:
IMG_0702.jpg

Took a 45min trip today and man what a difference! Definitely makes long drives alot more pleasant...

Last edited:

tbird610

Reaction score
I have never heard of this. Does it really work? Well to be honest. The 1996 Jeep is the only thing that bothered my legs. And it's gone. Thats why i have the expy :)

OP
OP
R

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haven't been on the forums for a few weeks, catching up!

Thanks for the responses guys.

But yeah, I'm loving the footrest so far. No more tingly sensation on my left leg from having my foot flat on the floor on long drives, in my opinion, definitely a great mod.

You also get a lot more feedback from the truck too if you are into that kinda thing.... it's not my race car, but by keeping my foot on there, you get a better feel from the truck and what is going on while driving. You will feel any awkward vibrations, loss of traction, etc.