Ford and GM threaten price gouging dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe your next 4th gen won’t be 20k over sticker…one could hope?

The vehicle manufacturers have created this situation by failing to build and supply their dealers with sufficient vehicles.

What do they expect their dealers to do when they cannot get enough vehicles to sell, and customers are clamoring for new vehicles?

The manufacturers should blame themselves - not their dealers.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The vehicle manufacturers have created this situation by failing to build and supply their dealers with sufficient vehicles.

What do they expect their dealers to do when they cannot get enough vehicles to sell, and customers are clamoring for new vehicles?

The manufacturers should blame themselves - not their dealers.

They most certainly did not create this situation... the silicon chip shortage is way up the supply chain, and affects many different sectors - not just automobiles.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They most certainly did not create this situation... the silicon chip shortage is way up the supply chain, and affects many different sectors - not just automobiles.
If our country had any morals, they would build those chips here instead of China. Until we start doing this, the chip shortage will be leveraged to cripple us just as its doing so well currently!

On a side note, I tried to buy my wife a New Hellcat Durango and the price gouging was insane. The dealers all sold them to their employees/budies and then they left them on the showroom floor and marked them $20K above sticker price. No thanks, I hope they ate them and lost money lol

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suggest you read this article. Yes there are outside issues still affecting the chip supply but the car manufacturers definitely helped create the situation.