Ford Expedition 2008 Shudder problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shani

Reaction score
Learning from my experience:

1. computer test and visual inspection does not cover mechanical problems which you may encounter after the purchase of car
2. Certain things appear with temperature change/ climate change. everything was fine when i bought this car in winter. as summer started, i started experiencing shudder as outside temperature change.
3. Buying a used car is always a risk.
4. whenever you face a problem, try to solve it THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY!

mohammad241

Reaction score
Hi

Same as my expedition i have this shudder it's been a year , did you notice performance difference after replacing the torque converter, as i am experiencing low performance after the torque problem

OP
OP
S

shani

Reaction score
Replace Torque convertor immediately

Dear Mohammad

yes, there is great improvement in pick and i can feel vehicle moving with much more power when i accelerate. When torque converter was bad, vehicle moved much slow and i cannot feel power. After changing converter i traveled from jubail to makkah, then madinah to jubail and it was great driving experience of 3500 kilometers.

Replace torque converter from qualified technician because they need to remove the transmission then they will put new converter inside it. If you live in jubail, i know one ford expert technician.

If you keep continue with problem, you may damage your clutch, transmission or engine. This is better to replace torque converter immediately.

If you need any further information or help, i will be very happy to assist you.

torque converter price= 2750 SAR
labor= 900 SAR

(I replaced from local workshop not from Ford Al-Jazeera).
they were asking 2500 SAR Labor)

OP
OP
S

shani

Reaction score
Share with us

Please share with us your experience once you solve this problem. Your experience/ information may help many like us.

Thanks

ricofrancois

Reaction score
Hi,

I had the same problem last year on my 07 100K Expedition. The car would work fine except at low RPM 50/55k especially while re-accelerating slowly. Ford did a tune up and replace the plugs and one bad coil. The problem was fixed.

About 9 months later it is happening again. I moved so took it to a new Ford garage who insisted that no coil was bad or causing the issue. The replaced the Torque converter instead and $1800 later the problem seemed fixed. 2/3 weeks later the problem is coming back, barely noticeable to worse and worse. I dropped the car at Ford again but wondering if the Torque Converter needed replacing and maybe I paid $1800 for nothing...

I should hear from them tomorrow