Ford Expedition reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

Also, updated reliability stats this month.

As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Car reliability research

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have updated results for the Expedition an Navigator to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2007: 34, better than average

2004: 91, about average

2003: 91, about average

2000: 94, better than average

All are based on small and even very small sample sizes.

We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants we could provide more precise results and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Ford Expedition reliability ratings and comparisons

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have updated results for the Expedition and Navigator to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of this year.

2007: 33, better than average

2005: 74, about average

2004: 123, worse than average

2003: 81, about average

2000: 145, about average

All but the 2003 are based on small and even very small sample sizes, which likely explains the variation from year to year.

We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants we could provide more precise results and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Borowicz

Reaction score
Added my 2005 XLT today! Also my 2001 Ford F250, and my 2008 and 2005 Escapes. I had already registered my 2011 Mustang.;)

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have updated results for the Expedition and Navigator to include owner experiences through June 30, 2011.

2008: 90, about average

2007: 38, better than average

2005: 69, about average

2004: 109, about average

2003: 116, about average

All but the 2003 are based on small and even very small sample sizes.

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants we could provide more precise results and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have updated our reliability stats for the Expedition and Navigator (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2008: 79, about average

2007: 52, better than average

2005: 109, about average

2004: 113, about average

2003: 143, worse than average

All but the 2003 and 2005 are based on small and even very small sample sizes.

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. With more participants we could provide more precise results and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

OP
OP
M

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and this is to what? whats the site about?

The focus is having people report repairs as they occur, then providing everyone with updated stats each quarter (as seen in my posts).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT