Ford Financing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Shepherd

Reaction score
I only buy new trucks with 0% financing through Ford Credit.
Since the wife and I are DINK's (dual income, no kids) and only purchase cars every 10-15 years, we end up purchasing from which ever Ford dealer accepts our obnoxiously low-ball offer during the last month of the year. We somewhat try to follow Dave Ramsey's advice and used to only purchase 1-2 year old used cars, but with storms along the Texas Gulf Coast, resale values have skyrocketed, and I found I could purchase new for $2-3k more than used. For both our 15' Explorer Sport and 17' Expedition, we paid 90% cash, and financed the balance for < 2 years through the credit union (currently 2.05%), of which I have been a member for over 40 years. We were fortunate to have paid below invoice on both vehicles, but I suspect given the price hikes for 4th gen trucks, the Expedition may be have been the last car for which we could afford that kind of purchasing strategy.