Ford is buying back my Expedition. What to expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanderson

Reaction score
Just be thankful they bought yours back. I was 2 months past the buy back time when I filed. They refused to do anything and I ended up losing about 7 thousand dollars. It was the worst experience of my life and I ended up basically being forced to buy one from the dealer who couldn’t fix it. I was unable to get it anywhere to trade it and it broke down every time I tried to go somewhere.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just be thankful they bought yours back. I was 2 months past the buy back time when I filed. They refused to do anything and I ended up losing about 7 thousand dollars. It was the worst experience of my life and I ended up basically being forced to buy one from the dealer who couldn’t fix it. I was unable to get it anywhere to trade it and it broke down every time I tried to go somewhere.
You bought yours in md, right? The jr max? Did you trade for another?

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
won’t be able to get a factory discount t or 0% financing
Not sure I understood you correctly, bu Ford is currently giving 0% financing as well as some $1k manufacturer incentive for brand new vehicles. This was about 2 weeks ago though.

Sean Zerges

Reaction score
Has anyone here gone through a buyback? What should I expect as a fair negotiation? I purchased my vehicle brand new with a factory rebate and 10% under MSRP. Buying any vehicle now, Ford or otherwise, I’ll be stuck paying full MSRP and won’t be able to get a factory discount t or 0% financing on a new vent. What terms were you able to negotiate? Rental car allowance?
We were about to wrap up the buy back of my daughter’s ‘20 Escape that has had the same issue since the second day she owned it. But she was hit by a truck so no it has to be repaired before they buy it back. We got a decent offer after I negotiated the mileage penalty. My argument was that the car was not reliable as a rod trip car so we were stuck using it as a commuter for months. We also get a discount in the next Ford we buy. I told them not to combine my buy back with a new vehicle purchase - this keeps the dealer from playing with the numbers so they make more money. We’re just turning the vehicle in and then we’ll figure out what to buy next. Especially now when prices are so damn high - daughter may have to share a vehicle with me for a few weeks until we new past this chip shortage.