Front and Rear diff information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magoogle

Reaction score
Hey fello expy owners.

Im looking to install a simple 3in lift on my 04. so 35" tires will be going on. Now I will still be needing to tow my 29ft car hauler so need to try and keep the gears as close to 3.73 as I can get. So either 4.10 or 4.27 area.

Anyone know what size the carriers are? Im trying to shop around on 4wheelparts.com but when I put in my truck I get stuff for Dana 44's, Ford 8.8in, GM 8.5's and all other kinda axles. What are our differentials? Anyone provide me a link to some? Also would you guys recommend the 4.10 or should I go a little higher? I would like to try and maintain my current fuel eco as close as possible, when not towing but I would also like to have a little more power towing.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.56 for 35s.... 4.88s for anything bigger.... and 8.8 reverse gears are needed for the front and 9.75 for the rear... if I remember correctly was that way when i got them into my 97 F150...

OP
OP
M

Magoogle

Reaction score
4.56 for 35s.... 4.88s for anything bigger.... and 8.8 reverse gears are needed for the front and 9.75 for the rear... if I remember correctly was that way when i got them into my 97 F150...

Wait what? reverse gears?

so THIS for the rear?

EDIT - and THIS for the front?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Magoogle

Reaction score
OH duh lol sorry im tired.. reverse direction gearing for the front which is 8.8 size..