front doors do not equal interior lighting on...??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
these things do not have "traditional" button switches in the door jambs, so where is the switch that activates the interior lights when a door is opened? My fronts do not turn on the lights when opened, but the back ones and the hatch do...??!

apologies for the many questions that I've posted over the last month or tow since joining the forum, but I'm new to vehicles newer than 1985!

so, thanks for your patience.

Mark

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is inside of the door Do a search on youtube for some videos on how to make the repair or to test the switch

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You probably will have to replace switch/ switches, but just for the heck of it, try spraying some wd40 spray on lock/ switch on door. It's on back of door, closest to seat belt, where door locks I've read where sometimes switch starts working again. Wd 40 is a combination lubricant/ electrical spray. I've used it in the past with good results. If it does nothing, your out nothing, especially if you own a can. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mark Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so, spray down the door latches with WD40... should have known! That and duct tape, well, you know what they say about those two. Will update after applying the magic juice.
Mark

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey don't knock duct tape. I actually used it on a yamaha motorcycle Exaust back in 1971. The stinger part of one of the Exaust was falling off, and it was my only option to get to class. Wrapped it with tape, made it to class. Had to weld the pipe that day, but the tape held. If your VD 40 doesn't work, and it probably won't, your just out a little time, and you lubricated your locks. I saw the post about the spray in another article. It worked for him.

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I second the wd40 in the door latch. Mine have been doing it off and on for years I just keep spraying them down.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the name imply. Over 40 different uses. If it works on your switches, it's wd41.

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WD-40 STANDS FOR WATER DISPLACMENT 40.INVENTED AFTER 40 TRYS.REMEMBER LEARNING THAT YEARS AND YEARS BACK IN SHOP CLASS IN SCHOOL.PAUL