Front end seems high?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

groove508

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2000 EB. The front is a lot higher than the rear. I would like to know if the back is sagging or if someone cranked the torsion bars. How can I tell? I could lower the front end via the torsion bars but if the back is sagging maybe I will go with spacers or new coils? Anyone know about what the stock height is. Thanks.

sngltrck1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its got air bags, it could definitely be sagging.

If not - probably the TB's been cranked. Follow the bars back
to the adjusting bolts and see how much thread is exposed.

The bolt is where the bar passes through the torsion key:

Attachments

• TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
G

groove508

Reaction score
I have about 3/4 - 1" of thread exposed. It looks to be about exact middle of the adjustment. Would that be the stock setting? How do I tell if I have the air bags? Where are they located. Do they replace the rear coils or are they an addition to? I do have rear coils. Thanks!

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have about 3/4 - 1" of thread exposed. It looks to be about exact middle of the adjustment. Would that be the stock setting? How do I tell if I have the air bags? Where are they located. Do they replace the rear coils or are they an addition to? I do have rear coils. Thanks!

If you do have rear coils, then you do not have the air bags. The air ride system replaces the coils with air bags such as the ones you see on high end motor homes and semi trucks ( just a smaller version ).

It sounds to me like your rear coils are "sagging" and could need replaced.

OP
OP
G

groove508

Reaction score
I measured from centercap to the bottom of the fender. 22' on the front and 20 1/2" at the rear. So the front is 1 1/2 higher than the rear. Which one is right? I dont want to buy stock coils if the front has been lifted.

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I had a lot more thread exposed than that before I cranked mine

OP
OP
G

groove508

Reaction score
Yeah, so there is an even amount of thread on both sides of the key. You think they have been cranked? I just got brand new shocks and checked into new rear coils. The shocks made a huge differance in the ride but no diff. in the stance which I already knew. Front is still rough though.