Front Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While replacing the control arms on the front of my '06 EB I tried to get the rotors off as part of the disassembly. No matter how much I tried they would not come off so I just left them on and took off the knuckle as a whole.

But as I am going to be replacing the rotors soon when I do a full brake job I want to make sure I get them off. I read while doing some searching that the 2WD has the rotors and hubs as an assembly and do not seperate. Is this true? This would be the first I've ever come across this.

I've also seen the video of using 1/2" bolts and nuts through the caliper bracket to get the rotors to pop off. If I can get confirmation that the rotors and hubs aren't a 1 piece assembly I will try harder to separate them.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for your information Copied from the 06 service manual

Item Part Number Description
1 1125 Brake disc
2 W505211-S301 Brake disc shield screw (3 required)
3 1131 Grease cap (4x4)
4 1A148 Wheel hub and bearing assembly
5 2K004 Brake disc shield
6 W707292 Brake caliper anchor plate bolts
7 2C566 Brake caliper anchor plate
8 — Brake caliper guide pins (part of 2L527)
9 2035 Zero-drag spring
10 2B120 Brake caliper
11 2001 Brake pads
12 2B527 Anchor housing spring

Sometimes they come off easy and other times you need to use some force I would recommend using some penetrant behind the disc as they tend to rust in place spray it and let it sit overnight and then keep spraying

took me over an hour to remove one on a 99 expy and it came off in pieces

Last edited:
OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for your information Copied from the 06 service manual

Sometimes they come off easy and other times you need to use some force I would recommend using some penetrant behind the disc as they tend to rust in place spray it and let it sit overnight and then keep spraying

took me over an hour to remove one on a 99 expy and it came off in pieces

Thanks!! Sounds like it's time for some PB Blaster and a BFH!