Front seat removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That will work. Anything that's fire resistant. Mig welding is best and usually cheapest!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why TIG is the way to go. You don't have any sparks or chunks of hot metal flying around. Just have a little water or, even better, penetrating oil handy to spray on and around the bolt, while it's still hot, and the heat will pull the oil down and around the threads and the bolt should come out. I said SHOULD.

Tonyray

Reaction score
I went to Pick & Pull and bought the power seat track for my 2000 Expedition it was $29.95. I had the same problem as you not being able to move the seat forward. What I was able to do is lock some vice grip on the drive gear and with turning the gear and pushing the button I was able to get the seat to move forward. Now at P&P I needed to bring a jump start pack with me I removed the seat from the track removed the front bolts then jump the wires going to the motor until I found the right combination to move the seat. It's one red and one yellow wire going right to the motors.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tony my 2000 keeps blowing the 30 amp maxi fuse. $30.00 is better than spending the time/money trying to figure out my problem. Do you remember what size wrenches/ sockets, besides the t55 torx you dragged along to p&p?

Tonyray

Reaction score
The T55 and a 10MM socket and a 10MM open end wrench a Philips Screwdriver. You can remove the seat without taking the track off first it gives you more room to work. I could get to 3 of the 4 bolts with a socket but the one on the left rear of the seat needed a open end wrench. On the plug for the motors it has 6 wires 3 red and 3 yellow 1 red and 1 yellow run each motor you just have to find the right combo. One good thing I was able to check all the motors before I removed the back 2 bolts. Hope this helps.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure does thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990