Fuel Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Who in their right mind puts a filter on top of a tank with two different fittings on three hoses?

I'm over 30,000 miles and figured it was due. I relieved the pressure in the line and crawled under the truck with the tool for one fitting. Under five minutes. Then it took half an hour to get the two blue fittings off. At least it's done now.

petiboy

Reaction score
How did you relieve the pressure ?, I found the inertia switch in the back but cant find the toggle. And how do you remove the small clips from the filter with the 2 hose side ??
Do tell.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
:flamingdevil: HELL is full of car and truck engineers who spend the rest of their spirtiual lives there and have work on what they designed..:flamingdevil:

Thats satisfaction...:signs8:

OP
OP
DF5.4

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How did you relieve the pressure ?, I found the inertia switch in the back but cant find the toggle. And how do you remove the small clips from the filter with the 2 hose side ??
Do tell.

You relieve the pressure under the hood. On the fuel rail there is a schrader valve. It should have a black cap on it. It's like letting the air out of a tire. Have a rag handy to catch the little bit of gas that will come out.

Here is some info that I found about those blue clips.
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/49-oth...ed-2007-ford-expedition-fuel-filter-clip.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205