fuel millage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My 98 5.4 gets 17.8 mile to gal.hwy 15 city most all driving is highway. but sure rides rough.but get around ok in snow. wish it drove as good as my z71ext cab.:nopity:

OP
OP
G

What kinda tires are you using ? I'm using Michelin Cross Terrains and they seem to ride very well on my '03. Mike

OP
OP
G

how are cross terrains

How are your cross terrains wearing. whats the mileage on them. any cupping or noise? thanks.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ahve an 03 and getting 14 or so mpg. :( Is your vehicle 4x4 or 4x2?

66horse

Reaction score
My 97 maxes out at about 16.5 highway and much much much worse around town. Some of this I am sure is my driving habots though. And its 4x4.

OP
OP
G

03 X 4x4 5.4L gets 14 in town....17 HWY at 75-80 MPH.

Cody

abbyzdad

Reaction score
James
17.8 is probably pretty good for a 5.4 with no mods. I'm told a chip will help with fuel mileage but you'll prob. have to run premium gas (more$$$$). As far as the ride-- these thing are sprung simular to the f150s so they have a little rougher ride. The 03's got independent rear suspension so they ride smoother than the 97 thru 02's do. Air pressure has some effect on ride, if you are running max pressure try airing them down a few pounds.

Brian

OP
OP
G

19-20 with my 99 5.4L with 115k miles @ 80 mph on the hwy. City sucks only aroun 14. But I don't pay for my gas thank goodness work does.

OP
OP
G

16.5 around town. 4.6 4x2 with 3:31 gears. A chip can help mileage but with the added power you tend to use it more and then your mileage will drop :D

OP
OP
G

My 2000 5.4 , 4x2 get 17.5 more or less on the highway and around town maybe ... maybe 12.0 mpg . But I noticed it was alot lower around the city in the Winter. Sumtimes as low as 7.4