Future Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I skim...I don't read every post

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
H

hudson76

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the input. I talked to my local dealer today and they said they would have the 2015 Expeditions on the lot in September so we have some time to make a decision. I look forward to using this forum more in the future.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I skim...I don't read every post

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

Freeway has always been a skimmer

Thanks to all for the input. I talked to my local dealer today and they said they would have the 2015 Expeditions on the lot in September so we have some time to make a decision. I look forward to using this forum more in the future.

I would jump all over a v6 eco boost if I had the money.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That stupid Bronco story fooled me too up until I read about the manual gearbox and diesel motor. I know the diesel has been talked about but you will never see a manual gearbox in a factory SUV again haha.

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Lion V-6 turbo-diesel is coming for sure. Ford has revived the Lion diesel program in light of the sales success of Chrysler’s 3.0 EcoDiesel V-6 used in the RAM 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee. The 3.0 EcoDiesel was designed and developed by the Italian company, VM Motori.

However, whether or not the Lion makes it into the Expedition remains to be seen. The F-150 will get it first.

After the F-150 gets it, Ford may shoehorn a few Lions into the Expedition to test initial sales. If sales explode and remain strong for a Lion powered Expedition, then the diesel might stay as a alternate engine for the full-size SUV.

I would wager that if the Lion was offered later in the Expedition, it would be optional to the 3.5 EcoBoost V-6. But possibly the 3.5 could be dropped anyway, in favor of the 2.7 EcoBoost V-6, making the Lion V-6 the premium engine.

But we are talking three year down the road when the all-new fourth-generation aluminium Expedition arrives.

Last edited:

Biggz

Reaction score
Numbers don't lie. I guess my only gripe is the name EcoBoost. Never liked it,but that's jusst my personal hang up! lol I'd roll with it though,based of those numbers.

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Numbers don't lie. I guess my only gripe is the name EcoBoost. Never liked it,but that's jusst my personal hang up! lol I'd roll with it though,based of those numbers.
I think the original name was suppose to be Twin Force.

wadesdad

Reaction score
Nobody mentioned the PREMIUM fuel for the EcoPuke. I'm old-school and have yet to meet anyone that loves the V6 in their F-150. Maintenance costs are also likely to be MUCH higher for the twin turbo darling. I'll need to see soem with 250k miles like the V8s before I'm convinced. (I have a 2010 5.4L Navigator, had an 07 Expedition and a 06 Navigator). No problems in MANY miles on any of them.

fexpedition

Reaction score
Heard it through the grapevine...reliable grapevine.

Ford is rushing a V8 back into the 2015 Expedition line-up due to Middle East buyers cancelling orders. They want the V8, not V6. Not sure if the V8 will be in US line-up or not, but suspect it will to fill in the volume.

Personally, I would take the V6. I read above with some being disappointed, but I know many that have it in the F150 and love it. Even folks who pull trailers have said it drives better than their previous V8 models.