****** gas milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voz

Reaction score
00 4.6L with 100k on clock.. i am only finding two 02 sensors.. 1 before and 1 after cat.. is this correct?

ROCKSBITE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow i average 11.1 mpg in my 2000 eb 5.4l ive done plugs, k&n and fuel filter. next is pcv and i gues o2 sensors. o2's are pricey right? will they make a big difference? i have like 140, 000 miles

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just the 2 front o2 sensors are the ones to worry about... the rears don't do anything but monitor the cats....

Matt R

ROCKSBITE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Re: UpDate

Originally posted by bluzjamer
Ok, I was using the free air pump at Hess stations I use.
I checked my tire pressure and low and behold it was only 26-28 lbs. I brought it up to 42 and my MPG is now aver. 16 mpg.
I can live with this for now. Some stations are now at $3 for regular in my area. It doesn't make sense to get a smaller SUV just to get 22 mpg. I can buy a lot of gas with the money I would loose right now if I sold the exp.
:nono:

if you swelled the tires to a larger size you are throwing off the computer. ford specs 30 psi in the front and 35 in the rear fro the 265 70 17 (i think thats the size) check inside your drivers door for the correct psi