Gear Swap Poll

Which gear for 35's

Votes: 9 52.9%

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, for those who have changed from the stock gear ratio or have any input. What would be the best ratio for 35's.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im saving the cash to get my swap done. i have 3.55 stock and with all the calculators 4.10 is going to put me at 1950 rpm at 65mph which is higher than stock but i think it will be better to pull the sled trailer and boat as well as more gas friendly around town where it spends 95% of its life

OP
OP
R

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have done this before on a dodge durango that I went from 3.55 to 4.56. I didnt upsize my tires, just looking to get into the power band faster. It wasnt too bad on highway as long as it was under 60. It would really launch out of the hole too!

OP
OP
R

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah I am leaning towards the 4.56. going from 3.73 to 4.10 I dont think would be enough of a difference to warrant all the money spent to change them. I will be adding a Richmond Locker when the new gears go in but thats still a few months down the road.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah from doing some research 4.56's seem to be the right choice and even saving you mpg's in the city. Now thats something else that I need to look into. Bastard:eek:

OP
OP
R

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having done this before on a previous truck, it comes down to a tradeoff. You will lose MPG on the highway but gain a few in the city if you keep your foot out of it! The 500 mile break in is grueling! Took me over a month the last time.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having done this before on a previous truck, it comes down to a tradeoff. You will lose MPG on the highway but gain a few in the city if you keep your foot out of it! The 500 mile break in is grueling! Took me over a month the last time.

Yeah I remember that break in with my mustangs lol. 4.56's dont seem to be to expensive though...

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as im researching this i cant get a good answer on the final drive ratio on the 4R70W is it .70 or .78 thats a 350 rpm difference any ideas anyone??