Good how_to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
use rustoleum its great stuff, like wingnut said light coats. i would still recommend the duplicolor perfect match clearcoat even though mine was defective, thats the one thing thats good about duplicolor. 2-3 coats of bedliner and 2 good coats of clear

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah for the chrome I would scuff the hell out of it... use a wire brush attachment on a drill... then use a scuff pad to make it sure it is all scuffed.... then clean it with acetone or rubbing alcohol.... then let it air dry and put down some self-etching primer, then bedliner, last clear... and do each coat in thin coats building up the layers.... remember slow and steady.... prep WELL and then paint in thin layers....

I'm gonna be doing my tan soon.... I hope... and I am doing almost the same steps except gonna use sandpaper on tan to scuff then use adhesion promoter instead of self-etching primer.... then bedliner, gloss black spray paint and last many coats of clear....

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah duplicolor sucks it peels! rustoleum is the ****! great stuff