Gorilla Glass for F-150, Fingers Crossed for Expy Too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That would be great. I have 4 rock chips already. The current glass is crap and you can see noticeable distortions in the glass when viewing it from outside at certain angles.

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/product/ford-f-series-windshield-bc1/

If anyone is interested in one for the Expy let them know. If enough of ask they will make it.

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/contactus/

My message:

Will the F-150 windshields fit the Expedition? If not, what would it take to get one made for the 4th generation expeditions? Thanks!

Last edited:

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Response from the company:

Thank you for your inquiry to Hyperformance Glass Products. Our Hybrid Windshield is not yet available for your requested model year vehicle. The F-Series Windshield is dimensionally different than the Expedition and they are not interchangeable. However, we have several additional vehicle model applications planned for release in the coming months and your vehicle application is under consideration. Please check our website for new product announcements and to place your order. HGP’s purchase price includes free shipping to your installer and a 2 Year industry leading warranty.

Customer Support Team,

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll take my OEM windshields via my insurance for FREE :)

Yeah, but eventually OEM glass begins to look like someone sandblasted it after alot of highway miles even if it's not technically cracked or chipped bad enough for insurance replacement

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But my question is, is it actually "insulated glass"? Or is it just thick single glass? The reason the factory went to insulated glass was for noise reduction. They gave up durability to gain comfort. I'm not sure what's better, but thats why the new windshields break so easily as its 2 thin pieces of glass laminated together with an air gap in between the layers.. Cars 5-10 years old rarely break the glass because they didn't have this fancy insulated noise reduction glass in them.

My wife has broken 4 windshields on her Ford Flex in the last 3-4 years, its really getting annoying. She never broke a windshield in 20 years before this flex with insulated glass AND these stupid pea-gravel-tar roads now with all the tiny stones.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But my question is, is it actually "insulated glass"? Or is it just thick single glass? The reason the factory went to insulated glass was for noise reduction. They gave up durability to gain comfort. I'm not sure what's better, but thats why the new windshields break so easily as its 2 thin pieces of glass laminated together with an air gap in between the layers.. Cars 5-10 years old rarely break the glass because they didn't have this fancy insulated noise reduction glass in them.

My wife has broken 4 windshields on her Ford Flex in the last 3-4 years, its really getting annoying. She never broke a windshield in 20 years before this flex with insulated glass AND these stupid pea-gravel-tar roads now with all the tiny stones.

Ford has been using insulated sound screen glass standard since the 2006 MY for the Expedition....there was no switching to insulated glass, recently anyway lol.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has been using insulated sound screen glass standard since the 2006 MY for the Expedition....there was no switching to insulated glass, recently anyway lol.

This is my first expedition, so excuse me. I wasn't a Ford man until recent few years. I like older vehicles as I can repair them myself, so I haven't been up on these newer electronic nightmares.