Got my 4.56 gears done!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wk99

Reaction score
This is an older thread but I just installed 4.56 gears on my 2012 Limited EL with 305/55r20 and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. My truck came with the stock tow packages to include 3.73 gears, transmission cooler, and rear air suspension. I’ve also added the Readylift 3/2” leveling kit and retained my air suspension. I have an Airraid cold air intake, jet pro flo MAS, FlowMaster super 44 exhaust, and the SCT Livewire+ tuner. Just towed from central Texas to Colorado and averaged 12 MPG in truck with 166k miles. I cruised at about 75-80 mph, towing 7k lbs. At 80 MPH my RPMs were 2500 and I only downshifted on very steep grades, typically 3k RPM to get up grades. When I towed in stock form from GA to Kansas I averaged 8 MPG and often had to get RPMs into 3500-4k to get up grades. Unloaded I average 13 MPG and I have a heavy foot.. I attribute the better towing to the gears which are Yukon gears. I do get better throttle response with the intake and programmer but I can’t smoke tires. Really wanted to get a Procharger kit but they don’t make them for my year for some reason. I used tow/haul mode the entire time and just let the truck do its thing. Get the 4.56 gears of you tow. They really help me get up to speed from a dead stop. The truck is fun to drive unloaded as well. Not smoking tires but it will move off the line.