Got my truck painted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn nice Expy, got a few things to say, first off did you remove the cross bars off the roof rack? that looks real good planning on doing it to mine... second how did you enlarge the holes for the reverse bulbs on the 07/08 Tails? I got some of those im planning on installing but first i need to make the holes bigger.... oh and what mirrors do you have now?

OP
OP
S

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. The cross bars were not on the truck when I bought it; I assume they were removed by the police department.

2. I used a dremel with the mini drum sander attachment to enlarge the holes on the taillights.

3. I have the OEM mirrors back on, although I painted the glamor cap gloss black to match the rest of the truck.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. okay koo thats a nice look....

2. and how did you do your measurements?

3. are they heated with turn signal?

OP
OP
S

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2. I cut until the base fit.

3. My mirrors now are heated, but do not have the turn signal.

OP
OP
S

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2. Around 20 minutes, give or take.

3. The mirrors I have now are the OEM mirrors that came on my truck.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
alright, well im just waiting for my lights to come in and then i got to get to work on enlarging the bulb hole

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, but what im more intrested into is how you got amber bulbs in there as turn signals, whats your set up? how did you do it?

OP
OP
S

SG1NUT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To start, I rewired the brake lights to all get power from the CHMSL circuit, so they no longer flash as turn signals.

Then, I ran wires from the front, sending power directly to the turn signals in the back. That way, they only act as turn signals and not brake lights.

I used the existing reverse socket, but I put an amber bulb in instead. I used amber 3157's, but only because I couldn't find any 3156's.