Gotta love a thief

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So today while i was at work somebody decided that they wanted my touch screen radio out of my truck more then i did. so they used a universal screwdriver to punch out the lock to open the door and take it. and they took the time to unplug the main plug but they ripped all the other wires out. so now not only do i get to replace the head unit i get to replace the door lock and all the wires running to my subs and the microphone i had for my hands free for my cell phone if i want to use them again. the part that gets me is there was a 200 dollar fishing reel sitting on my center console and 2 100 dollar rods in plain sight and the person didnt even touch them. and to make it even worse one of my coworkers walked right past the front of my truck while the person was in it.:fc5716bd:

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
at work! they mustive been eye balling truck for a while....to bad YOU didnt catch him....id put couple of fishing hooks on him....lol hard to get off.

nonwoven29

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's chitty brother. So the co worker didnt think to bring it up with you untill after the fact? Yeah good looking out, NOT!

I've thought about getting rid of the damn lock cylinder in the drives door. How often do any of us use the damn key anyway.

Are you near El Paso ? Do you have CCW? It's a Felony in most states to Burglarize.

It would have been so choice to catch this pos in the act. Draw down on him order him to the ground. If he wanted to get jerkey with his hands well he had a weapon. At least that's the storey you give the cops and DA.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Messed up bruh...let me guess...the coworker thought it was u...another reason besides enhancing appearance why I tint my windows...as stated he cased u and that coworker might be in on it too...any beef or dislike? Setup

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

OP
OP
B

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the coworker is one of the new guys at my store so the best i can give him is he didn't realize it was my truck but it had to have been clear what the person was doing and said something to somebody. and i reviewed the store cameras and you can watch the person pull in back up next to my truck wait and then drive off but off course my company has the most low end cameras available so there is no way to tell a make or model for sure of the vehicle or a plate number. the best i can see is its a lowered 01 Chevy 2 door 1500. so i will be watching for one when im out around town.

OP
OP
B

bowtex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and before i put another head unit in i will be re tenting my front windows and installing something like a viper 5904 with a remote alert. that way there is less of a chance of this happening again.

so on that note any recommendation for something like the viper system or is it going to be one of the bet for what i want?

Limited'08

Reaction score
let me start by saying that tinted windows deters nobody from wanting to break-in into your vehicle. i had an ignorant/stereotypical/moron/scum and anything else you may want to add to that try and break into my truck with no success and my truck was tinted. the frame of mind where i live but am not from is that lifted truck/suv owners leave their guns in their trucks overnight so why not go steal their guns. i had a clean lifted Durango with 22" rims and 35" tires and nothing else. no sound system or anything. at first, the scum tried to pop both locks, driver and passenger side with no luck, damage yes, successful not. he then tried to pry the door open from up top to slide something in to get to the switch inside, damage yes, successful no. he then damaged the window guide to i guess try and slide something behind it to i guess try to get at that switch again, damage yes, successful no. finally what woke me up to find out my truck was being broken into was that i guess by now this idiot was desperate and started to stab the driver side window. what helped was that with the tint in place, the glass did not go all over the place but stay put. the noise that his screwdriver was making stabbing the window is what woke me up. i set the factory alarm off and this idiot ran. i called the cops of course to make a report. i asked the cops about how to defend myself against this in the future and all they said was that there was nothing that i could do about it except report it. they told me that if i chose to take matters into my own hands that i would be the one in trouble. i work too darn hard for mine to have some punk try and get what's not theirs. let me end it here because otherwise i wont stop typing. good luck!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tint isnt for security...i have it for looks and to keep car cooler in summer...but also provides as a privacy barrier so they cant see in...if they want it...they will get it...I would suggest that u get a viper alarm...as soon as he tried to open the doors it goes off...I have a tilt feature and any shaking makes it think its being and goes off...best investment for theft...

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is one reason for a garage. Once they are inside your "castle" the laws change. Dead men tell no lies....
I will also keep in mind the news article about the mafia hit man in Italy that fed the guy to the pigs. That would be a fitting end for a thief.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is one reason for a garage. Once they are inside your "castle" the laws change. Dead men tell no lies....
I will also keep in mind the news article about the mafia hit man in Italy that fed the guy to the pigs. That would be a fitting end for a thief.
In Ohio you can be anywhere on your property and as long as you feel your life is in danger you can take lethal action, I like not having to wait until someone is inside to handle the situation.