Gotts Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTX 17

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow I've posted alot tonite ,last topic, can someone fill me in on this topic? I've seen pics of it done on an F-150 but not the 3V 05. I have means to all the supplies needed but a little nervous getting started, the battery needs to be disconnected correct? Will the truck run any worse? Wife will kill me if she finds out i'm tinkering:greenchainsaw: Other than a bug guard, mud flaps and a Ford receiver hitch, I'm ready to do a little perf. help I hope. Thanks Doug

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure about your 3 valve motor but my 1997 runs better after doing the Gotts mod. The F150 and Expy are identical (I know the 97-03 are) from the A pillar forward, right? So if the F150 guys have success with this then you should be good to go.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3v should be fine. all you are really doing with a gotts mod is getting rid of the restriction in the pipe, letting more air in to the engine. truck wont run any worse and the great thing is if you dont like it its easy to reverse. others who have it should be along soon to answer this question better

OP
OP
RTX 17

RTX 17

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3v should be fine. all you are really doing with a gotts mod is getting rid of the restriction in the pipe, letting more air in to the engine. truck wont run any worse and the great thing is if you dont like it its easy to reverse. others who have it should be along soon to answer this question better
Sounds good. I'll get to work on it asap.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gotta tell on myself too I have the same 05 3v and the intake looks a hell of a lot different compared to the earlier years so I just gave up since I couldn't really find any restriction in the pipe or snorkel as its commonly called

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
id say take some pics and post them show the intake on truck and then take pics of inside of sorkel/air box. and we will see if there are any restrictions

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah a lot of f150ers have done the Gotts mod on the 3v and loved the results... so go for it...

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pics will be posted in the morning stay tuned this will be done by tomorrow afternoon if i can figure out what im doing! I live in walking distance from lowes, but why would i walk when i can drive an expy?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
under the hood
IMAG0104-1.jpg

airbox
IMAG0105-1.jpg

fender air hole
IMAG0106.jpg

3-4" al the way through? showing light thru the other end (moderate clouds today)
IMAG0111.jpg

any inpout on where the "gotts" is supposed to take place?

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tube that inserts into your fender is what gets trimmed and replaced with the PVC pipe. Use the rubber coupler to attach the PVC pipe to your intake box. $8 in parts and about 20 minutes of time and you will have better throttle response and maybe even a couple extra hp.