Gurgling from dash with acceleration..is this a problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in Februrary my heater wasn't working so well and the coolant was getting a little low and probably 150K overdue for a flush, so I had a reputable shop do a coolant flush.

Heater worked fine since but I noticed about a month later I would hear a gurgling sound from the dash when I accelerated, and the heat would go from warm to quite a bit hotter.

It seems with the warmer weather now, once the engine is hot, it gurgles more frequently (Almost ever acceleration from stop). But I have no leaks and never smell coolant inside the truck.

Is this something I should be concerned about? It doesn't bother me other than knowing something may be going wrong....thanks.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Air might be trapped in the system. Recheck or refill coolant again with the engine running and with the front of the truck elevated. Wheels blocked of course.

98EXPnSRQ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had the same thing after I did a flush. I did all the recommendations to get the air out. The only thing that worked was to disconnect the heater core lines and flush water through the core in both directions. If you have rear heat, you can disconnect the lines at the junction and use a squeeze clamp to block off the return. It's much easier this way. Just don't get water on top of your engine that gets down the spark plug wells.