Has any of u checked out the new '05??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoMoCoExPy

Reaction score
They have the new 3-Valve 5.4L and a new higher torque tranny, a very nice and new insterment cluster.(much better looking than the plain ones found in the '03 & '04) a new color called dark stone, it's a nice change from all the tans and such Ford has been useing for 6+ model years now, and last but not least it's available with a new RSC, (rollover stability controll) now standard on model year 2005 Explorers, it's an option on '05 Expeditions...

The changes and or updates are nice, they could use a couple more new colors, like a nice blue that toyota has on there new 4-runner.

Look for a new extended Expy to replace the excursion in the next 1 1/2 years also....:cheers:

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up an '05 EB. The new engine and trans is a big improvement. It now has "adequate" get up and go. Transmission feels like a CV.

It feels like a different vehicle from the '03 I traded. Better ride and steering, better carpet, driver/pass climate control, better instruments.... to name a few.

stue05

Reaction score
I also just bought an 05 eb 4x4 loaded. it is a beautiful truck. the grip it has in the snow is amazing. i would jump on the throttle in the snow expecting to spin tires but instead it just leaped foward. i still have to, after 2 mos., break out the owners manual to rember how all this gadgetry works. however i found the dvd player a little awkward to control. it is either really persistant, i.e. i'll try to change to am/fm or cd and it'll just flip back to dvd, or it'll be down right ignorant.